Here you will find all information regarding My Brand’s cookies
1. COOKIES ON my-brand.com
1.1 OUR POLICY REGARDING COOKIES
1.2 REGULATIONS REGARDING COOKIES IN THE NETHERLANDS
On June 5th 2012, new regulations came into force in regards to using so-called “cookies” on web pages. These regulations are incorporated in Article 11.7a of the Telecommunications Act (Tw). The new regulations partly relate to your privacy. Your privacy is of course important to us and this is why we like to inform you on this subject on this page.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on a computer, telephone or tablet. The cookies are read out by the browser (for example, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox) when opening a page on the internet. The creator of a cookie decides what text files they want to put in said cookie.
As long as you don’t enter personal data on the site you’re visiting, the cookie can’t contain this information. There are direct and indirect cookies, also called first and third-party cookies. Cookies are generally not dangerous; they are not computer programmes and can’t be used to spread computer viruses.
My Brand also uses techniques similar to cookies, such as link tracking. In link tracking, elements are added to the URL, based on what we can recognize you by when you continue to our website from marketing emails.
3. TYPE OF COOKIES
No doubt you’ve already experienced companies placing cookies on your computer, tablet or phone. My Brand uses the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: Cookies needed to shop online.
- Analytical cookies: Cookies that help us find out what can be improved on the website and in newsletters.
- Tracking cookies (first and third-party): Cookies that are used to document surfing behaviour so it’s possible to make focused offers or show (product) content across multiple domains.
4. COOKIES USED BY My-Brand.com
Currently, my-brand.com uses the cookies below:
4.1 FUNCTIONAL COOKIES:
- Cookies needed to shop online.
4.2 ANALYTICAL COOKIES:
- Adobe Target: An a/b testing service that helps us find out what can be improved on the website.
- Bing Ads: Cookies that check whether and when a user bought a product after clicking an ad. This information is used to measure the effectiveness of the ads.
- Google Adwords: Cookies that check whether and when a user bought a product after clicking an ad. This information is measure to measure the effectiveness of the ads.
- Google Analytics: A tracking service that helps us find out what can be improved on the site.
- Google Tagmanager: A service that helps us manage the meet pixels.
4.3 TRACKING COOKIES (THIRD-PARTY):
- Facebook: Cookies that gather information about how a user uses the website. This information is used to show the most relevant ads for a specific user on third party sites (Facebook). Facebook uses sessions and persistent cookies for its advertising products.
- Google AdWords: Cookies that gather information about how a user uses the website. This information is used to show the most relevant ads for a specific user on third party sites (Google). Facebook uses sessions and persistent cookies for its advertising products.
5. What HAPPENS WHEN I TURN OFF COOKIES BY DEFAULT?
If you chose to block all of My Brand’s cookies by default, then you won’t be able to place an order on our website. You will, however, be able to browse the website. By turning off Flash cookies, you may not be able to view part of the Flash banners or videos.